Friday, April 22, 2011

BIG week to save

It happens every holiday. There are three times as many items on sale during holiday weeks. That makes for interesting buying and coupon shopping. This week, I saved $125.61 at County Market. I SAVED that much. Of course I purchased several items for the year that rarely go on sale. Some of the deals I picked up include:

4- Mario Olives $1.25, apply coupon, $.75 net
18- Dole Pineapple or Mandarin Oranges $.99, apply coupon $.75 net
6- Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls, $3.79, apply coupon $2.79
24- Del Monte Vegetables are on sale for $.49-No coupon necessary! Huge sale.
6- Princella Sweet Potatoes, rarely on sale, $1.99
4- Reynolds wrap $2.99, apply coupon $2.24 net
2- Dr. Pepper-I can't be without my Pepper-Apply coupon for $4.49 net 24 packs
4- Mt Olive Pickles, $1.99, apply coupon $1.45 net

These are just some of the items I purchased this week. I also bought 2 huge hams. Yes I purchased 2! Kreschmar had a $3 off on any 3 pounds coupon at the deli counter. Use it! It worked on whole ham. One for Easter, one to cut and freeze for soups and sandwiches. All Ham is on sale, what a week to stock up on ham.

Don't forget your everyday savers, I picked up a free gallon of milk for having my 9th purchase, and the FREE 5lb Potatoes, ice cream and eggs for spending $100 in one transaction.

This week, I had 125 precious reasons why County Market is the best place to save money. Did you find a really good deal in the stores this week? Please share with our readers!