Friday, August 23, 2013

Chickens with Cans

Have you ever been stranded without a can of beer for your beer can chicken?  It happened to me this weekend.  I was all set to steam a whole chicken on Sunday afternoon and found myself canless. I love the little can holders you can get to prop your chicken up, they fit one 12 oz can of something perfectly.  We just happened to not have a can of beer to bbq this bird.

So I started getting creative.  I had an empty RC can.  Surely that would work.  But what would I fix up to cook inside of this chicken?  I searched for some quick easy ideas and here are some of the best things I found.  You should know I normally season the outside of the bird to seal in more juice.  A quick rub will always help make the meat more juicy!

Idea #1  On the Bird
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1-2 tbsp black pepper
  • 3+ tbsp poultry seasoning
  • 3+ tbsp granulated dry garlic
  • ¼ cup salt
  • 2 tsp rosemary
  • Olive oil (to rub the bird then get the dry ingredients to stick)
  • In the Can
  • ½ - ¾ cup white wine
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • The peel of an orange
  • Large spring fresh rosemary 
Idea #2   Citrus flavored
  • 1 opened, half-full can lemon lime soda 
  • half of a lemon, sliced
  • half of a lime, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub

Idea #3   Simple, shelf stable ingredients
  • Fill can halfway  with Chicken stock 
  • 1 T of Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 T Minced Garlic
  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • Coat outside of chicken with fresh herbs
 I went with option #1 this weekend, it passed with flying colors.  I'm going to be experimenting with the others every time I find myself without a full can for Chicken Sunday.

For additions Print N Save Coupons:
CouponNetwork.com


All internet coupon print limits are subjective. At the time of this email coupons were available for print. If the daily or weekly print limit has been reached, the coupon will be automatically pulled from the websites. You can try to print again tomorrow. All coupons listed are not available in our stores. We list them so you can order or find them to save you money. Check with clipping services, trade boards, or ebay to find coupons not in your store. It is our intent to help you find as many savings opportunities as possible. Enjoy!