Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cookin With Coupons

This is a great week to talk about making your food taste good.  I mean "GUUUD."   I use seasoning mixes.  All McCormick spices are 50% off at County Market.  Look at the dates, there are some great deals this week to save you in future weeks. Sometimes I use my coupons to snag deals for marinades, or dry rubs, other times I make my own.  These three are favorites of mine.  


Tip: I put the ingredients on the side of a cake frosting container so when I use it all up, I can replace the mix again easily.  Use a clear packing tape to keep the container clean and looking good.  I put Portions, not exact measurements.  Like listed below.  That way you can make a little or a lot depending on how well you use the mix.




Mix #1    Crock Pot/Stew seasoning
I use a big spoon, its double a T so I don't have to mix as often:

2 parts oregano 
2 parts basil
5 parts salt
5 parts black pepper
5 parts garlic powder
5 parts tablespoons paprika
2 parts celery seeds
5 parts  onion powder
2 parts rosemary
** optional, if you like a thicker sauce type seasoning, add 2 parts cornstarch



Mix #2  Grilled Vegetables Mix
Give the mixed veggies a quick spray of Pam, then sprinkle lightly, maybe one teaspoon total for a pan of veggies.

2 parts. onion powder
2 parts garlic powder
2 parts dried parsley flakes
1 parts dried basil leaves
1 parts dried thyme leaves
1 parts dried marjoram leaves
1 parts white pepper


Mix #3  Rotisserie/Baked Chicken rub 
I can't help it, I love the brown sugar in this mix.  It just seals the deal.

4 parts sea salt
2 parts paprika
2 parts onion powder
2 parts garlic powder
2 parts italian seasoning
2 parts brown sugar
1 part dried thyme
1 part dry mustard
1 part cayenne pepper
1 part black pepper

For additions Print N Save Coupons:
CouponNetwork.com
Coupon Clipping Services:


All internet coupon print limits are subjective. At the time of this email coupons were available for print. If the daily or weekly print limit has been reached, the coupon will be automatically pulled from the websites. You can try to print again tomorrow. All coupons listed are not available in our stores. We list them so you can order or find them to save you money. Check with clipping services, trade boards, or ebay to find coupons not in your store. It is our intent to help you find as many savings opportunities as possible. Enjoy!