Friday, April 17, 2015

"I'm not greedy, I'm persistent!"

Have you ever been told, "You want more than your share!  You are greedy!"  I have.  I've had other shoppers imply that because I save money on my groceries, that I'm taking too much.  That prompted my blog topic this week.  What is too much?  Is there such a thing as having too many coupons?

My opinion is heck no!  Consumers are encouraged to save money with the invention of the very first coupon.  for 1 and 1/2 cents off, the idea of getting something for less money was born.  Manufacturer's realized the way to get consumers to buy today instead of tomorrow was to offer an incentive.  The discount worked and offers have been generated in many forms since.  Coupons to not "Take" money away from manufacturer's or stores, instead it gives them what they need. 

My coupon organizer is stuffed full of food coupons.  Many I use, many get donated to the military expired coupons pile.  If I could, I'd never pay face value for a food item.  When I pull my cart up in aisle 3, and the shopper in aisle 2 has many of the same brands in their cart it makes me smile.  I know when we check out, they will pay more for the exact same cart of groceries.  This happens a lot.  I mean A LOT.  Almost every time I shop I take a look at the aisle next to me.  When I'm in the store, I look at what people are putting in their carts.  Sometimes, I even hand them a few bucks that I do not plan to redeem.  These people are always very surprised and pleased with the quick $2 a complete stranger just gave them.

Why?  Why do folks not just gather and clip their own savings?  Is it that they do not know how?  Not enough time?  Or that the $15-20 dollars not enough to change their lives?  Its funny.  When I add up all my annual coupons and rebates, it always ends up over a couple grand.  That's when I hear the "You're too much of a penny pincher!"  But am I extreme?  Do I live my life like a normal person?  I do.  If I did not write this blog, you'd never know I save thousands with coupons.  Or that I took my kids to Disney one year with my coupon savings account. 

I tend to think of my self as persistent, not greedy.  The store, gets FULL face value for any manufacturer's coupon.  As a matter of fact, County Market LOVES coupons because of this.  They actually are reimbursed plus a handling fee so it's a total win for them.  The brand itself, gets to move product faster and in a larger volume so I'm helping them.  And since I do a little saving every week, my persistence pays off.  It all adds up at the end of my year to a pretty big chunk. 

Visit County Market Coupon News Cookin w Coupons's profile on Pinterest.
For additions Print N Save Coupons:
Coupons.com


All internet coupon print limits are subjective. At the time of this email coupons were available for print. If the daily or weekly print limit has been reached, the coupon will be automatically pulled from the websites. You can try to print again tomorrow. All coupons listed are not available in our stores. We list them so you can order or find them to save you money. Check with clipping services, trade boards, or ebay to find coupons not in your store. It is our intent to help you find as many savings opportunities as possible. Enjoy!